Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] leen...@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Building cabinets - how to square them

Hi all,

Firstly thanks very much for all the info on the other thread. Study now designed so now in build phase

I have cut the pieces for the first cabinet out of 18mm ply so now looking to put it together. It is 900mm wide (500mm deep) so wondering what the best way to glue/ screw it all together to make sure it is square. I have done some searching but they seem to make it up first them adjust it. I had anticipated using fairly decent screw lengths (say 60mm) so thinking that it would be very rigid (and heavy) so ability to adjust this way would be somewhat limited. Also, I was planning on having a fixed shelf in the middle to add further strength (and in reality we never change the height anyway) so this would further impede this approach.

Any ideas how best to go about it?

Thanks

Lee.