Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default Cine Editors

On 12/04/2021 16:10, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I Think you only got acetate in super 8, but that Fuji made their own
single 8 cassettes and also super8 but both were Polyester. That would
explain the fact that there were some super 8 films in the other material,
it all came from Fuji.
The very small sprocket holes in super/single 8 I was surprised ever had
enough grip to move the film. Of course it was done to increase the picture
area and also there was a much finer gap between frames as well.
Normal 8 mill was in fact slit 16mmm with extra holes in it.
Brian

One difference that I don't think anyone has mentioned is that super-8
could have (or maybe always had) a magnetic sound stripe. Standard-8
didn't. If you had sound it was on a separate tape.