Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default What glue brand and type do you all use for woodworking ?

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 1:07:07 PM UTC-7, dpb wrote:
On 4/10/2021 9:14 PM, knuttle wrote:
I have use and like the foaming Gorilla glue, however I don't use it. I
do a lot of biscuits, and was away afraid the expanding foam would crack
the wood as it expands in the biscuit slot.

The foam is nothing but air bubbles; it isn't going to have the force to
do any damage as far as actual use

Yes, I agree with that. Also, biscuits are (as I understand it) compressed so that
water-base glue expands them for proper self-clamping in their sockets.

Not being able to clean up with water is also such a pain for ordinary
woodworking.

Where I do like to use it, is on edging plywood; it can be router-trimmed without
gumming up the bit, so trimming away the excess is a painless finishing operation.
A warm router bit does NOT work well while cutting through a hot-melting PVA joint.

Generous use of masking paper is the other way to make cleanup painless.