Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: more PC insanity

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 12/04/2021 18:31, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 07:12:18 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

But then I guess that the focus (on technical content) may distract
from 'checking' for spelling (if they don't pop out at you). A classic
one seen here is 'teh' instead of 'the'?

I wonder if that is down to the brain being faster than being able to
type.

Possibly?

Don;t forget that the keyboard is designed to slow typing down.

The 'qwerty' keyboard you mean ... I thought it was more to balance
the speed out (and so make it faster)?

A disputed reason is so the hammers were less likely to interfere and
clash for high speed typing.

It isnt disputed by anyone with even half a clue.

If you want a faster keyboard, then many records have been set with the
Dvorak keyboard.