Neil Williams

Default another 'house not selling' lament

"RPC" wrote in message
We dropped the price $25K (6%) after 4 weeks. It has now been 7 weeks. We
have received NO offers at all, none. Our agent has solicited feedback
and received nothing useful from buyers' agents.

One thing you might consider doing is having the home inspected - the
same kind of inspection you would do as a buyer. We did that when
we sold our last house, and made copies of the inspection available
to people looking at the house.

If the inspection reveals problems, you'll need to fix them and pay for
the follow-up verification visit of course. But giving it to viewers up
front can help put someone who's on the fence over the edge.

I'm also assuming that you're leaving the house whenever people
come by to look? Having the seller in the house is a big turnoff
for many buyers.

--Neil