Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: more PC insanity

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 07:12:18 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

But then I guess that the focus (on technical content) may distract
from 'checking' for spelling (if they don't pop out at you). A classic
one seen here is 'teh' instead of 'the'?

I wonder if that is down to the brain being faster than being able to type.

Possibly?

Don;t forget that the keyboard is designed to slow typing down.

The 'qwerty' keyboard you mean ... I thought it was more to balance
the speed out (and so make it faster)?

And while I'm here could you try the link below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jcu9o06ph...41.23.png?dl=0

it was on facebook an image whose colour showns you whether you or right brained or left brained.
For me it was left brained, but also my computer was using it;s left processors as I ttried colour picking
and that too was a green colour, maybe my right processors are missing :-0

anyway let me know what you see.

A trainer? ;-) Do you know anyone who sees any pink?

The other thing I noticed was the annoying "UR" usage guess that will annoy you roo.

Yeah, I've never really received that sort of thing. It's not wrong,
it's just an abbreviation, like m8 (I don't think I've ever sent that
either) and not really the same as 'we was' or 'anythink'.

Back on the words / spelling thing, I am reminded constantly (TV and
ITRW) how many people *say* 'anythinK' but I wonder what percentage of
them would write is like that?

If I heard that I'd write it as anyfink.

Only by those who might also say 'fink' and 'fought'. I've heard
several otherwise well-spoken people on the TV, presenters and the
like repeatedly saying 'anythink'. It's nearly as annoying as hearing
them say the letter H. ;-(

And when young my parents corrected me if I ever said 'we was' and why
it seems so strange that so many people also seem to get that wrong?

Yes that is weird.

And it's so commonly used in conversation so comes up pretty
frequently.

Cheers, T i m