Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default more PC insanity

This was how American English had all the differences it has, though I have
to say, not all are bad. Reversing the or and e in centre is more sensible
for a start.
Incidentally, we Blind want to claim back the word to mean merely without
sight, not as its being used at the moment to mean ignorant which undermines
blind people.

I heard a politician the other day say we were blind to the details of the
problem until recently, which translates to we were ignorant of the details
until recently, Blind people are not ignorant, well no more than the rest of
the public at any rate. Blind drunk implies blind people stagger about as if
drunk, well not to my knowledge we don't.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
From "The Week":
University tutors are being told not to mark down work for spelling
mistakes because insisting on correct English could be seen as "homogenous
north European, white, male, elite". The Times says several institutions
are adopting "inclusive assessments" and Hull University says it will
"challenge the status quo" by dropping the requirement for a high level of
written and spoken English.