Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: more PC insanity

On Monday, 12 April 2021 at 14:19:03 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 13:36:15 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

But then I guess that the focus (on technical content) may distract
from 'checking' for spelling (if they don't pop out at you). A classic
one seen here is 'teh' instead of 'the'?

I wonder if that is down to the brain being faster than being able to type.
Don;t forget that the keyboard is designed to slow typing down.

And while I'm here could you try the link below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jcu9o06ph...41.23.png?dl=0

it was on facebook an image whose colour showns you whether you or right brained or left brained.
For me it was left brained, but also my computer was using it;s left processors as I ttried colour picking
and that too was a green colour, maybe my right processors are missing :-0

anyway let me know what you see.

The other thing I noticed was the annoying "UR" usage guess that will annoy you roo.

Back on the words / spelling thing, I am reminded constantly (TV and
ITRW) how many people *say* 'anythinK' but I wonder what percentage of
them would write is like that?

If I heard that I'd write it as anyfink.

And when young my parents corrected me if I ever said 'we was' and why
it seems so strange that so many people also seem to get that wrong?

Yes that is weird.

Cheers, T i m