Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default OT: more PC insanity

On 12/04/2021 12:32, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:08:40 +0100, Another Dave

Pig (Nordic) Swine(Germanic) and Pork (Romance/French) shows us the real
value of being able to say the same thing in a common vulgar way, and
unpleasant way, and a upper class Norman, toff, sort of way..

I think it's totally appropriate that we use German words for the animal
(cow, pig etc) for the animal and French for the food (beef, pork etc).

The latter being better for maintaining the cognitive dissonance when
people are buying a nicely presented and comodified chunk of flesh in
a packet from the supermarket.

The labels on said packets may show a 'happy pig' standing in a field
(that most pigs never see of course), not the unhappy pig thrashing
about, desperately trying to survive in the gas chamber or having it's
throat cut.

For someone who says they don't care about animal welfare during the
animals life I assume what you are posting is irony.

If you want to improve animal welfare standards there is plenty of
opportunity, but of course in reality you just want to stop us eating
meat as a healthy balanced diet.

They don't (or choose not to) consider that all 'pork' (/bacon) has to
come from individual, intelligent, social, trusting pigs.

Pigs are not intelligent.

If only all the words used around this whole 'industry' of animal
suffering, death and exploitation where more honest ...

If you want to improve animal welfare standards there is plenty of
opportunity, but of course in reality you just want to stop us eating
meat as a healthy balanced diet.

Earlier you lied and said you didn't have a killfile, let's see......