Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Seatbelts Dammit!

On 04/12/2021 06:27 AM, TimR wrote:
On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 8:05:35 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 10:53:32 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/11/2021 10:28 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 21:47:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/11/2021 9:21 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/11/2021 11:30 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I've often wonder about these head on collisions. They don't give a
time but this one seems like daylight, most are night. If you see
headlight coming at you, I'd think it would be smart to go off to the
side to be sure. This section of road was very wide with a lot of
center median and shoulder.

Unless it took them a long time to respond it looked light daylight, no
visibility problems, and plenty of room to get off the road. Even
without going off road, it has two lanes like any other undivided highway.

I start making plans when I see an oncoming driver coming my way even if
it's a perfectly legitimate move into a center turning lane.

Both were young drivers so they probably did not think to think ahead.

In other news today, nearby a storm blew over a tree taking power lines
down. A 17 year old driver hit the lines and somehow a fire started on
the driver's side so she got out on the passenger side. Stepped on a
line and was electrocuted.

More likely her car was energized and she completed the circuit when
her foot hit the ground.
Jump!

That sounds more like it. Should have jumped. Normally is is dumb to
get out but with a fire, first instinct is to get out. Most young
people have no idea about completing a circuit.

Unless it was impossible to move the car, my first choice would have been
to quickly drive it out of the wires, fire or no fire.

If you see one wrong way driver and are paying attention ! big if ! then you can usually avoid it.

when you see 100 wrong way drivers, you have to realize you have a bigger problem.

https://www.krtv.com/news/montana-an...sh-in-missoula

The bridge was rebuilt last year and the entrance can be a little
confusing. However, Russell St and Broadway, the street it intersects,
are 35 mph streets. 11:15 PM, no headlights, and highway speeds don't
leave much room for interpretation. At least the right people died.