Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Win10 Sharing.

In article ,
Paul wrote:
One thing to note:

The black page with text, is chain loading. It does not
care what the last OS booted was. You select an OS and
(chain) loading starts immediately.

The tile based fancy GUI menu, is not chain load. You will
hear the BIOS beep and the machine will go through POST
a second time, if you select the non-default OS. Thus the
tile based fancy GUI is a loser. This is one reason I have
the black page with text loaded on mine. Efficiency.

Thanks, Paul. Think I had noticed when I got the OS start up page that
allowed the choice that it re-booted.

So I'll just leave it as is. 99% of the time I'll use Win10. Was more a
nice to have than must have to use Win7 and XP.

--
*A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.