Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Connectors - and ring mains

On 11/04/2021 09:50, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Well, All I can tell you is that people moved in in 1942 according though
the searches. The sockets were made of a very brittle brown bakelite
substance and we had to change them in 1956 when we moved in as some had
clearly overheated due to loose screw syndrome. I did go into several of the
houses along this terrace back around 58 or so and remember, being a nerd
back then too, that they all had 13 amp square shuttered pin sockets, so
unless somebody did the whole block at once, then they must have been here
since just before the war.

The BS1363 13A plug and socket were not introduced until 1947.