oreo123

Default new foundation question

Sorry all about not fully explaining everything.

I was talking ferinheit and not c. I pulled weather records and it was below
freezing every night after pour. And the forms were yanked around 16 hours
later. There was no heat applied, no blankets, nothing. The second or third
night it was around 15 or 20 F.

I wonder this - if a foundation has cracks can it really be fixed? Its not
my house - its next door. When I cruised though the cellar yesterday it was
really humid.

"Chet Hayes" wrote in message
om...
(m Ransley) wrote in message

Ive yet to see a concrete co pour when its to cold for their mix.
Additives are used for freezing. Records are kept by them temp and
additives known so as to not have future liability. Considering jacking
up the house and A new foundation is a little crazy and
unsubstantiating fear. If floor is wet its wet builder should fix
before selling , buyer should not buy before fixing. The house uheated
or dehumidified will not have normal humidity in wood. Things wet may
not dry. My sill took so long to dry I was sure it was still leaking.
maybe a year in a heated dehumidified basement.

Also kind of curious that the original post claimed it was 10 degrees
when the concrete was poured. Now, in another post, it's stated it
was never over 50 and got below freezing at night. Quite a difference
and a long way from 10 degrees. I'm also assuming the original 10 was
faranheit, since 50 sure can't be celsius.