Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default What glue brand and type do you all use for woodworking ?

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 11:33:54 AM UTC-7, Itty wrote:
What glue brand and type do you all use for woodworking ?

I tried some but do not like. e.g. Gorilla foaming is a mess.

If there's no pressing reason to expect dribble, just white Elmers
works fine. Yellow woodwork glue for neatness. Both are PVA type.
Veneers work best with non-water-based, either acetone-type contact
cement or Gorilla (polyurethane).

If you must glue endgrain, polyurethane is well-behaved compared to
the (stronger) PVA water-thinned glues.

To re-glaze aluminum windows, I always use liquid nails to install softwood
so the glass presses against wood, not metal.

And, to redo antiques really requires hide glue.

There's two boxes of glues in the shelves next to two boxes
of greases and oils... and it's never enough.