Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Lightning strike.

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
scribeth thus
On another group, I heard about a lightning strike to a house, via the TV
aerial. Aerial went to a DA. Seemed it burnt out all the house wiring and
every appliance in it. Requiring the owners to move out for months while
it was all sorted. Seems it also travelled to other houses in the street
too via the mains and caused much damage there too. Was rather surprised
to read this. I've seen a TV destroyed - but not so much extra damage.

Yes over time seem aerials and d feeders vaporised and bricks blown out
of walls it seems its the rapid heating that makes most any moisture
turn into explosive steam that mainly does that.

Had a near miss here one day bloody loud flash and bang took out the
aerial distribution amp!..

Theres a roll of Furze ally earthing tape and rods that I've been
meaning to install when i get aroundtuit!..

Good website here that will text you early warnings if you want them!...

http://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=e...0;o=0;b=;ts=0;

--
Tony Sayer