Posted to alt.home.repair
HWFman HWFman is offline

Default Can Floetrol be added to polyurethane?

I'm in the Hardwood Floor industry. Years ago I use to use Penetrol in my oil based polyurethane, and it worked very well. It gave me more working time when I had to jump from one room to another then come down an ajointing part of the house such as a hallway and was able to go back over the doorway of each room without pulling or dragging the polyurethane. It also flow out real nice. I always used Penetrol on hot days when I would coat a floor for the reason it gave me more work time before dragging or pulling the polyurethane when went back over it such as doorways etc. I wish I could still get it. But the Flood Floetrol CAN NOT be used in water based polyurethane. Although there is an additive you can buy to slow down the drink time on water based finish. I'm not to sure who makes it , but I think Bona does.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ne-863212-.htm