Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default Mains off - back on - no TV

On 10/04/2021 15:08, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 13:58:15 +0100, R D S wrote:

snip

I've had the back off the TV, there's an IC on the power board with a
crater in it.

The problem from my 'I don't generally like to mess with SMPSU's' POV,
you can't guarantee that it's or it's_just the obvious that's dead.

Indeed, and i'm pitiful at soldering.

After trying the things that were suggested as the 'most likely' that
didn't work I found a complete new PSU from China that cost less than
even a couple of rounds of the components ... and that worked straight
away. ;-)

I've found a board for $20 odd overseas but I don't want to be without
it too long so there's a place in the UK you can post them to for
repair/exchange for about £40.

I feel like most would see this as an opportunity to get a new massive
telly!