Stephen Fels

Default OT - Building a ball and chain

"Bob" wrote in message
While I am at home depot I will look for some kind of way to do the
compression ring thing, but as someone said I couldn't turn the top
nut past the visible end. I could use a jamb nut and washer setup on
the back end and turn the eye bolt, but this would move the bolt
further out of the hole, aesthetically this is not what I want.

I was picturing the jamb nut method.

If you get the bolt length right (with relation to the depth of the hole),
you should be able to place the eye down in the hole and turn it (directly,
or by the first link of the attached chain) with a vice-grips. Once it
begins to tighten up, the eye shouldn't move much at all, as the rubber is
compressed. If anything, it should move in, just a bit.
--
Stephen
Home Page: stephmon.com