Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Connectors - and ring mains

In article ,
Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Saturday, 10 April 2021 at 08:32:19 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article , Chris J Dixon
wrote:
williamwright wrote:

On 09/04/2021 19:07, Clive Page wrote:
In fact I can just recall the old 15 amp 3-pin plugs which preceded
them and I don't think they were all that much smaller even though
they were fuse-less.

They were bigger.

Does anyone remember this monstrosity?

https://www.plugsocketmuseum.nl/Fitall1.html

Chris

Yes
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

How about these,

https://www.plugsocketmuseum.nl/Wylex1.html

A flat I moved into in the early seventies had sockets for these, the
plugs were a bugger to find. I think the landlord used them deliberately
and sold spares to tenants to enable them to cob together leads in order
to use standard square pin plugs on personal electrical equipment. I
think he limited the number issued so the system could not be overloaded.

They look very much like the ones the NSHEB introduced.
The D&S mentioned on that page were adopted at TV Centre for 'technical
supplies"; stopped the cleaner plugging in a vacuum cleaner. They were
probably used in some mansion blocks in central London since Selfridges
used to sell the fuses.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England