Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Chainsaw rope very hard to pull

On 4/8/2021 12:01 PM, Buddy wrote:
Ive had my ms290 for 14 years no problem and this just started. Pulls
easy with plug out but you have to fight to pull it. with plug in. Was
able to start it then could not restart.
Now it wont start at all but still pulled and jerks very hard.
Pulled muffler off..ok..pulled flywheel off..ok..and by the way it does
not have a compression release.
I realize you have to tug on these saws but this is something that still
has me scratching my head? Any ideas would be great. I want to save this
saw.

Very likely the flywheel key. Timing is off and it fires at the wrong time.