D. Gerasimatos

Default another 'house not selling' lament

In article , RPC wrote:

[snip!]

Our area has seen quite high prices in the last three years, so certainly
buyers can get a better deal in other localities. We are ready to lower
the price further, but our agent (believe it or not) is not convinced
that this is necessary or useful, she suggests we wait.

Do you trust your agent? I would say to lower the price, but you have
already lowered it 6%. I am sure that's what your agent is thinking. Maybe
that was too much to lower all at once and now potential buyers are trying
to wait you out, especially if they somehow found out that you already
bought another home. You haven't had a single offer, not even a low-ball
offer? 7 weeks is not all that long yet. The real estate market was so hot
that houses were selling in days, but that is not usual. If you need to
sell it fast, then lower the price again. If you want to try to maximize
your profit then wait it out a little longer. There's probably a flaw in
the house that doesn't bother you, but bothers a lot of other people.
You'll have to wait for someone who has a mindset similar to yours.

Dimitri