Posted to uk.d-i-y
#Paul #Paul is offline

Default Lightning strike.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
Yes - I can readily see all that happening. But the story teller was very
definite about it being a TV aerial strike. And that being on a DA. Which
then jumped into the mains and destroyed all of that. And in a couple of
neighbouring houses too.

I'd have expected a major strike to have cause a fire, or structural
damage first.

IIRC, lightning strikes are not necessarily simple - the
single "strike" we tend count may well involve many related
current paths at the same time over some area, just depending
on how the event manifests. Thus the biggest and most obvious
burn mark isn't necessarily the only one.

#Paul