Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 12V starter Battery

In article ,
rick wrote:
On 07/04/2021 10:32, GB wrote:

I think that one issue could be that the two batteries were NOT exactly
the same voltage to begin with. They have low internal resistance, so
even a small voltage difference between them could drive rather large
currents through them.

I think it would be better to charge them separately in future.

That is my thought - Voltages were not going to match
One was a new 170 Ah
The other a 9 yr old 74 Ah

The voltage on a lead acid isn't dependant on the capacity. But rather
obviously different sizes are going to take different times to charge from
low.

--
*I pretend to work. - they pretend to pay me.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.