Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jurb...@gmail.com is offline

Default voltage of dimmer output not reading same on two different DVM's

DC voltage and true RMS voltage are equivalent.
DC meters read the average, DC value of a wave.

No dispute on that, just why a DVM might not read it right.

Anyway, of the TRMS, I have noticed my average responding meter comes fairly close.

The TRMS one is a Fluke 8050A which I keep on the top shelf, it has more than enough accuracy and the LED display (which is in perfect shape HAHA) is not as easy to read as the 8000A I use as a daily driver. The 8000A has one less digit and is fast, I like it. When I need accurate then well... But then sometimes I read DC voltages with a scope. Put it on DC in most things you get like maybe 25 volts tops ? Five volts per division. Most **** you just need to know if it is there. I don't care from 4.96 or 5.03.

"Hack", say it.