Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default 02 sensor and better gas mileage

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 8 Apr 2021 06:37:51 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Since he's fiddled around looking for a vacuum leak for awhile already and can't
find an obvious one, I'd suggest getting a schematic that shows all the vacuum lines.
Then it will be easier to figure out where they tap off from, how to separate that
section and plug it. Or try the smoke tester. I've never used one, but have read of
other people using them and sounds like in principle it would work.

Another guy didnt' buy or build a smoke machhine. He just smoked a
cigar, and it worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT5xFCn3cmk

He attached another hose to his brake booster hose, blew into it and
found smoke coming out at the EGR valve which had a cracked something or
other. Cost him a dollar.

I don't smoke. I wonder if there is a way to do this with only
exhaling?