Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default 12V starter Battery

On 08/04/2021 23:00, rick wrote:
On 06/04/2021 21:19, Fredxx wrote:

Sorry I don't follow. What was dead, the charger, battery or winch.

The battery ....

I see no issue with using one charger for 2 batteries. A charged
battery on a float charger should take very little current.

On previous years charged each fully individually then put them in
parallel and hooked up charger and left it on over winter and all was
fine ... this year the one battery was flat.

Maybe I had a bad connection but all were in place OK

I would say you had a bad connection or the battery failed o/c. I guess
a bad connection is more likely when you string two batteries in parallel.