Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT - Drivers

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 11:11:55 +0100, Max Demian
wrote:

On 08/04/2021 10:16, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 21:55:37 GMT, JohnP wrote:

Spot on - likewise the "flasher" who waves a car out of a side turn -
oblivious to what is coming the other way. Just wanting a "nice" credit.

There's also people who appear to be waving a pedestrian to cross when
they might be flicking ash off their fag or waving to someone they know.

Well, I don't know how many people do it for that reason (unless they
know them possibly), rather than they just aren't seeing the bigger
picture?

Most altruism is incomprehensible or anti-evolutionary; but there you are.

This lack of understanding of things like altruism, empathy, what
constitutes actually being humane to animals (showing compassion and
benevolence) seems common amongst a particular minority here.

And in contrast to what *you* believe, the ability to understand and
offer these things is the very thing that has evolved the human
species from the more basic animal we once were (and some still are).

Cheers, T i m