Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone still using and updating Forte Agent?

On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 19:36:27 +0100, Dave W
wrote:

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 14:50:21 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

On 07/04/2021 14:16, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 12:54:59 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

On 07/04/2021 08:43, Mike Halmarack wrote:
Been happily shuffling along with Forte Agent for years now.
Though I've got purging turned off completely, threads are
disappearing from my newsgroups. I only notice this when there's a
thread I'm interested in and all there is left is one single * post
at the top of the list. The rest of the thread has disappeared.
Is Forte Agent worth updating from version 6 to 8, or are there better
newsreaders these days?

I suspect the lost posts are more to do with the server than your news
reader. I use Thunderbird and Eternal September and I occasionally see a
reply to a topic where I can't see the OP.

That may be true sometimes but I'm sure at least some threads were
there in Agent, then not.

Ah, once loaded they should be retained. I haven't used FA in years.

Agreed, but some threads to which I had contributed were missing some
posts recently. The only way I could get them back is by "get all
headers", and then wait for thousands of old ones to download before
getting to the recent ones, after which I could delete the thousands
of old ones.

Lots of fun things to do there then.
--

Mike