Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default 02 sensor and better gas mileage

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 07 Apr 2021 22:30:04 -0400, micky
wrote:

I used the scanner today and the short and long term trims tracked the
results of the guy who made the video, at idle and up to 2500rpm. Also

An important thing I left out was that he said "When we raise RPM to
2000, does SHRT [short term trim] get better, or worse, or the same? If it gets better,
lower, usually a vacuum leak."

And he said in the video, "If it's worse or the same, it's probably a
fuel delivery or Mass Air flow problem."

It got lower for him. And for me, it went up a little at first but then
went down somewhere between quite a bit and a lot. Numbers, if any, are
in the car.

More than one value I saw go in two different directions, and in other
aspects of my life, a little bit in one direction at first and much more
in the other direction soon after. I think he mentioned that too.

So so far it's looking like a vacuum leak.

Maybe no need to replace either 02 sensor, especially the one behind
the engine. OTOH, I've read that they fail with age or miles. 70,000,
100,000 were mentioned and I have 140,000.