Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Drivers

On 07/04/2021 22:58, JohnP wrote:
bert wrote in :

In article , JohnP
writes
Similar annoyance is Mr Kind who stops to let cars out of every side
road - preferably before they have to stop. What about some
consideration to those behind?

Now that I do agree with. Even when they stop for me. You've
automatically gone into "wait for them" mode then the idiot goes and
stops to wave you through for no good reason. I WAS HAPPY TO WAIT A
FEW SECONDS YOU NUMPTY.

Whilst we're having a moan, people who instantly stop when they see or
hear blue lights rather than assessing the situation and timing
pulling in as appropriate as the emergency vehicle approaches.

Agreed - or risks their tyres and tracking by bumping up the kerb.

The driver that flashes and waves me out is a danger. I will decide when it
is save as usually that driver hasn't assessed to total situation. I once
got hit by a car that came out of a junction - because a car flashed and
waved him out - but I was turning in!

The weekend before last it was a cyclist - who kept waving me past,
despite it being a fairly narrow country road, close to a bend, with no
idea what might be coming the other way.