Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Convention for direction of rotation of rotary throttlecontol (motorbike etc)

T i m wrote:
On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 20:41:05 +0100, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

snip

I did spend time on rusty bits of the Quickly, which had been my
dad's. Its demise was rear wheel failure. The drum brake was only
half the width of the hub, so the housing was stepped. It failed
with a complete circumferential crack at the change of section.
Luckily I wasn't moving too fast at the moment the back end began
to feel very sloppy indeed.

I bet. ;-)

A Honda 50 kept me mobile through my student years.

So that was yer classic main tube + pressed frame step through with 3
speed crash (auto clutch) gearbox and leading link front suspension?

Towards the
end it had a few problems - the timing seemed to need almost
weekly adjustment,

Strange?

Indeed. They were pretty bullet proof engines that needed next to no
maintenance I thought. Cant see how the timing would keep changing.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls