Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default OT - Drivers

In article , T i m
writes
On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 17:38:30 +0100, charles
wrote:

snip

I think they were saying that one EV was sold for every 37 SUV's and
from their observation, very few were required by their owners for the
characteristics that they offered, so was more a lifestyle choice

some 20 years ago, my daughter had a cartoon from the Telegraph weekend
supplement pinned up in her kitchen. In the female character was saying "I
want my child to have wide open space, security and fresh air. So we've
bought a large 4x4 with aircondtioning and central locking."

;-)

What's new?

More cars and people in the same space?

I wonder how bad (congestion / parking) things have to get before the
ability to have something that takes up more space on the road (and
parking) is made to pay their full share and / or people look to
buying smaller cars or using alternatives?

Cheers, T i m

4X4s or SUVs if you prefer don't all have the largest footprint. Take a
look at something like a Mondeo for example.
You could start with cyclists of course. They pay **** all.
--
bert