Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Win10 Sharing.

On 07/04/2021 19:26, GB wrote:
On 07/04/2021 18:48, newshound wrote:
This PC (well, the one on this workstation) is cabled to my Lan. New
laptop WI-Fi. Have done all the usual tricks to get them to talk to one
another - printed out a booklet off the internet with the 7 most likely
problems with file sharing. And followed them all through.

The laptop doesn't see this PC at all. This one sees the laptop, but
only
some files can be shared - despite sharing being set to the same on all.

With users, public files share OK. those under my user name say I
haven't
got permission. But all the folders and files in users set to share
in the
same way.

Neither machine is set to need a log in after booting.

It was all so easy with Win7...

Welcome to Win 10.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-s...-local-network

Have you tried that?

"In this Windows 10 guide, we'll walk you through the steps to set up
and manage a HomeGroup to share resources with other users on your local
network."

Homegroup was removed from Windows 10 Version 1803. Version 1803. 1803
reached end of service in 2019.

--
Robin