Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Hotpoint fridge filtered water issue

We have a mega Hotpoint fridge, American style with two doors, wide fridge,
narrow freezer and with an ice and filtered water dispenser.

About every 6 months a light comes on to tell us to change the filter.
Mostly I ignore it and just press the reset button and were good for
another 6 months. ;-)

As it happens though, I did treat it to a new filter about 2 months ago.

Anyhow, the €śchange filter€ť light had come on again and this time it wont
reset. Ive tried removing and reinserting the filter and turning the
fridge off at the wall but it still wont reset.

I certain that the €śchange filter€ť light is just time triggered, theres
nothing smart about it.

Any suggestions? Its just a mild annoyance really. Filtered water still
comes out. Im just curious as to why it wont reset this time.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls