al

Default Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4

Alternate extremes, but mostly just one extreme.

Me too ... but the opposite way around

If you REALLY want to see what life is all about, take a trip to the
African bush. Its amazing what you DON'T need, and even more amazing hen
you discover what is left of yourself when totally divorced from 'modern
society'

Mind blowing.

Haven't been there, but I know I would love that sort of thing - for a
holiday. Don't think I'd want to live it all the time. But then, people's
values change with age - perhaps I'd want to retire there!

I have remarked, that people are here, by and large, because they WANT
to be here, or are born here. No one comes to suffolk to make their
fortunes, or advance their careers. Either they have made a fortune, or
stopped trying, or indeed never started.

Therefore people here are not competing with you. They are just 'here'
and so are you.

Sounds fine to me, just not my cup of tea at this moment in my life.

This gives a unique flavour to the place. The home counties are FULL of
sharp elbowed suits, nattering on about their cars, their careers, and
how much money they are making. Personally I find such people utter bores.

There sure are a lot of them and they are prats. But there are so many
people here that it is also easy to find good decent people who are a
valuable addition to ones life as friends and even colleagues. It's not all
pin-stripe ******* here you know!