Posted to uk.d-i-y
JohnP JohnP is offline

Default OT - Drivers

Tim Streater wrote in
:

On 07 Apr 2021 at 14:09:10 BST, JohnP wrote:

Why the F do some drivers leave such a big gap behind the vehicle in
front! Watched a busy junction yesterday - An ambulance was trying to
get through but the junction was blocked - several cars further down
there were massive gaps that, if closed up would have left the
junction clear.

I take it you mean a gap when they are at rest at lights, not when
driving along? I agree about the gap at the lights, but most people
don't leave a sensible gap between themselves and the vehicle in front
when on the move. I learnt very early on to do that.

Yes - in a static - or crawling queue.