Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default OT - Drivers

On 07/04/2021 14:31, GB wrote:
On 07/04/2021 14:09, JohnP wrote:
Why the F do some drivers leave such a big gap behind the vehicle in
front!
Watched a busy junction yesterday - An ambulance was trying to get
through
but the junction was blocked -Â* several cars further down there were
massive gaps that, if closed up would have left the junction clear.

Another near me often has cars backing up when the light change - yet in
the distance is someone leaving a 2 car gap in front. Probably the
mentality of "I won't get there any faster if I close up"

So, every time a gap appears, it's his duty to put it into gear, rev up,
and drive forward. Why, in general, is that a good idea?

I fully accept, by the way, that he should do whatever he can to let the
ambulance through.

Similar annoyance is Mr Kind who stops to let cars out of every side
road -
preferably before they have to stop. What about some consideration to
those
behind?

Why, when I leave a suitable safe gap between me and the vehicle
in front, does some dickhead overtake and fill it, achieving
precisely nothing because there is a long line of vehicles
ahead ?.