Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scion[_2_] Scion[_2_] is offline

Default Convention for direction of rotation of rotary throttle contol(motorbike etc)

On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 12:07:17 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 10:49:20 -0000 (UTC), Scion
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 11:37:06 +0100, T i m wrote:

I remember riding a friend's bicycle which was the only one which I've
ever encountered with the front and rear brake levers the opposite way
round. Maybe it was originally for the LHD market where the back brake
is placed so the opposite arm is free when signalling to turn (left)
across traffic.

I'd always imagined the brakes would be the same way round whatever
country you live in?

Many bicycles with cable brakes can be swapped front/rear right/left in
a matter of a minute or so - it's a simple case of unhooking and
swapping.

Sure.

The issue though is *are they* other way round (to what is 'std' here)
in other countries? I don't believe they would be.

Cheers, T i m

Our hired bikes in Turkey were the wrong way round and they seemed to
think it was normal. I made 'em change it, I would have been over the
handlebars within a couple of hundred yards otherwise!