Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Anyone still using and updating Forte Agent?

On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 14:20:46 +0100, Mike Halmarack
wrote:

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 13:50:51 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

T i m wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:

Been happily shuffling along with Forte Agent for years now.

Still using, yes. Updating, no (V2 here),

I paid for Agent v1.x and Trumpet winsock back in the days of Win3.1

did think about going from thunderbird to Agent 8.0 a few years back,
but found the Agent still looked the same as Win3.1 software did back
then ... just felt too old-hat.

Comfortably so, until now.

And that's the thing isn't it, 'don't fix what's not broken'.

I have tried several newsreaders on various platforms, even the FA
clone 'Pan' in Linux and nothing is as good.

That may include the latest version of FA over my current version. ;-(

Cheers, T i m