Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Covid jab reactions?

On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 07:54:38 -0400, Paul
wrote:

T i m wrote:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 19:29:04 GMT, lid (AnthonyL)
wrote:

It isn't a choice vaccine or not is it?

Not sure. I think we were *told* what we were going to get and there
was no mention of a choice (even if one could have been arranged).

To some extent, that could be determined by how many
refrigerators you have, and where they're deployed.

Good point,even though I think they are thawed and diluted before
final distribution?

Pharmacies here (not all of them), are giving jabs as part
of the effort, but only offer AZ.

Yeah, mine was at a chemists now mostly Jab centre. ;-)

And that's because
they won't have the refrigeration for Pfizer.

Sure, especially in it's 'raw / bulk' state.

If you wanted AZ, the easiest way to get it is at a
pharmacy.

Or most of the local medical centres and surgeries it seems. In fact,
I don't know anyone personally who have had anything other than the AZ
vaccine.

The mass injection sites won't be mixing them, and
offering both. The needles used are different for the
two, as the Pfizer needs the "different needle that
sucks the last drops out of the vial" :-)

Oh?

That's how
they get an "extra dose" out of the vial. Too funny.
I;m surprised there isn't an option for the customers
to lick the outside of the vial ("every little bit counts").

;-)

Cheers, T i m