Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell[_2_] Nick Odell[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone still using and updating Forte Agent?

On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 08:43:26 +0100, Mike Halmarack
wrote:

Been happily shuffling along with Forte Agent for years now.
Though I've got purging turned off completely, threads are
disappearing from my newsgroups. I only notice this when there's a
thread I'm interested in and all there is left is one single * post
at the top of the list. The rest of the thread has disappeared.
Is Forte Agent worth updating from version 6 to 8, or are there better
newsreaders these days?

Using yes, updating no. Paid-for version 4.2 here.

I'm using it "on a stick" so I take the same messages and settings
from computer to computer and the conversations are always up to date.

The only problem I have is with Google Groups posters where my version
of Agent can't handle the lack of line breaks and displays paragraphs
as long, never-ending single lines.

I believe that I could solve that problem by upgrading to a more
recent version but - hey - I'm the standards-compliant one: why should
I be the one to pay to upgrade?

Nick