Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Wider tape label maker recommendations?

On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 23:43:44 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 22:42:46 +0100, alan_m
wrote:

On 06/04/2021 15:15, T i m wrote:

After a quick Google it seems there are a few choices but I'd prefer
some recommendation from those here that may have experienced some
different solutions (maybe at work) and believe there is one solution
that may stand out for some reason?

Brother labelling systems - tape come in a variety of widths but
dependant on the labelling machine model. The cheaper machines may only
take 12mm width labels. Machines are often sold at large discounts
compared to the "recommended" price shown on the brother web site.

Understood, thanks.

A wipeable / plasticised tape

See BigClive's video explanation of how the tape lamination works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2SRePOg4VM

Thanks for that, I gave it a quick look and it's looks interesting so
I'll watch it right though tomorrow. ;-)

And just have, and it was both interesting an informative.

From that I'm thinking that one of the PTE300VP's as Clive
demonstrated, especially on a 50% off 'special' somewhere would be
both good (the sort of things I might use such for), as it looks like
it prints the text nearly the full width of the tape meaning an 18mm
tape would provide ~15mm high characters and so 3 times larger than
those from my Dymo using 12mm tapes.

Cheers, T i m