Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Wider tape label maker recommendations?

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 09:26:55 -0000 (UTC), RJH
wrote:
snip

Whilst I have used lasers for labels, I'm not typically printing the
sort of labels where printing a batch (or even one column) would
really work, unless I've missed something (but thanks for the
thought). ;-)

It is inconvenient - I'll print just one or two (cutting up with scissors if
needed) and rely on my memory and the template to print on the remaining
labels next time.

So they will take multiple passes though the fuser etc?

The big advantage for me is that I have all the
editing/colours/graphics I need on the computer - rather than stabbing into a
handheld machine.

Oh sure, I have the same with the Dymo 450 label printer, it's just
that it's not quite as convenient as sitting wherever where you are
working (that could be in the study, down the garage or shed) and be
able to mark stuff up easily.

That said, if I did a lot of labels I would consider a proper machine. As it I
only need to label once a year or so . . .

No, that makes sense for you, just that I really need to get all my
stuff in order and a decent label maker might help that. ;-)

The Dymo LetraTag is perfectly ok for the smaller things, just not
really ideal (because of the 12mm wide tapes and 5mm high text) for
marking up big storage boxes or draws. Things also need re-marking now
again and so something that might peel off in one piece could be
handy.

Cheers, T i m