Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Wider tape label maker recommendations?

On 6 Apr 2021 at 21:14:50 BST, "T i m" wrote:

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 16:43:01 +0100, nightjar wrote:

snip

I've successfully used these waterproof, permanent, laser printer labels
to mark products used outside for more than a decade:

https://www.labelplanet.co.uk/waterp...-laser-labels/

I use something similar. Not tried outside but they certainly wipe clean etc.
I did in fact order the wrong labels - inkjet instead of laser. But they work
fine - some have been fixed for a few years now.

Whilst I have used lasers for labels, I'm not typically printing the
sort of labels where printing a batch (or even one column) would
really work, unless I've missed something (but thanks for the
thought). ;-)

It is inconvenient - I'll print just one or two (cutting up with scissors if
needed) and rely on my memory and the template to print on the remaining
labels next time. The big advantage for me is that I have all the
editing/colours/graphics I need on the computer - rather than stabbing into a
handheld machine.

That said, if I did a lot of labels I would consider a proper machine. As it I
only need to label once a year or so . . .

--
Cheers, Rob