Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spike[_6_] Spike[_6_] is offline

Default Convention for direction of rotation of rotary throttle contol(motorbike etc)

On 06/04/2021 08:59, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 09:38:24 +0100, Chris Green wrote:
NY wrote:

Is there a convention for which way the handlebar of a motorbike etc rotates
to control the throttle?

Motorcycle throttles are 'top towards you' to increase speed.

... or as you say, looking at the end of the RH handlebar, you turn it
anti-clockwise to increase speed.

Not just me then where looking at the rotation direction from the
middle is a bit 'unusual'? ;-)

That might be a 'right-brainer' thing?

Now it may well be on an 'electric wheelbarrow' you have two steering
arms (reminiscent of typical wheelbarrow handles but not what I took
from 'central handlebar axle') and so could be viewed from the inside
out?

I can't quite understand your technique of making a statement and adding
a question mark at the end? Is that a right-brainer ting as well?

--
Spike