Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Convention for direction of rotation of rotary throttle contol (motorbike etc)

NY wrote:

But I think I could walk up the very non-PC Blackboy
Hill quicker than my mate's Honda 50 moped could manage it ;-)

I remember having to take the test again, in the 60s, having
upgraded from my dad's old NSU Quickly (there's an oxymoron)
which was a moped, back when that designation meant it had
pedals, to a Honda 50, which was not in that category. Pretty
daft really, since it then meant that I could (and still can)
legally drive any bike; not that I would dare. Two wheels were
for me simply an economic necessity at the time, not a lifestyle
choice.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK