Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Six for the price of two?

On 4/6/2021 7:10 PM, %% wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 4/6/2021 4:29 PM, %% wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 4/6/2021 3:14 PM, %% wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 4/6/2021 1:32 PM, Frank wrote:

My current ride is a top of the trim line model that came with
taller
rims than the lower models. This necessitated lower aspect
ratio (45)
tires to maintain steering geometry, suspension and fit in the
wheel wells.

I like the car- but with less rubber and air between the rim
and the
pavement, it slams over manhole covers and even shallow pot holes.

The car is comfortable, powerful and loaded with all the
electronic
safety features- but is also a bit bigger than I like driving
these
days. I may just buy something smaller- though without
oversized rims!
Â* Just buy a set of the smallest rims that were available on the
car
(used from the wreckers they are pretty reeasonable - you might
even
come out ahead with the lower cost of the replacement tires) and
keep
enjoying what you have without the harshness on bumps.
Every time youtrade cars it costs you money - and you KNOW what you
have right now - any new used car purchase is a crap-shoot.

I understand that the low profile tires are more prone to go flat
and a hard pothole bump can cause damage to rims which must be
replaced.

Rims can often be repaired.Â* I had one fixed for $125.Â* New would
be about $600.

Much cheaper than that at a wreckers and easy to check that its fine.

On a 1 year old car with new style wheels you won't find them that
easily.

Quite easy now that most ship countrywide and do ebay etc.

One a 10 year old Ford Fusion, sure.

Like I said, GV80 22" wheels are about $600 on eBay.

Not used one from a wrecker on ebay.

Show me one. GV80 22"