Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Asbestos Cement Watertank

In article , GB
wrote:
On 06/04/2021 16:04, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

Incidentally how can one get rid of a metal galvanised water tank
stuck in the loft space which is too big to go through the hatch
without inviting angle grinder man to burn your house down?

The fire brigade use scissors-like cutters for getting people out of
crashed cars. Probably hydraulic, rather than compressed air. I doubt
they'll come and remove your water tank for you, so perhaps you can make
it into a decorative feature?

In our previous house, I hired an industrial quality jig saw and chopped up
the old tank into pieces small enough to go through the hatch.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England