Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Blown IC

Stu jaxon wrote:
On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 11:26:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 8:35:31 AM UTC-4, Stu jaxon wrote:
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 2:33:50 PM UTC-4, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 01/04/2021 19:04, Stu jaxon wrote:
Hi Group, need help identifying a blown IC. it's on Vizio e550-b2, power supply board # DPS-167DP ,.. Board locator # ic901, it has 7 pins, and the top is blown away.??

You missed an 'I'

Googling is remarkably effective with the right input.

e550I-b2 ic901

e.g.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79046

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70423

Apparently a LD7913JGM6, a PWM controller?

--
Adrian C
I have a .068 ohm resistor reading 0.00.. acting like a short, it is a low ohm resistor, is it supposed to read???

Did you zero the meter? Sometimes a low value resistor is shunted by a choke, and sometimes some residual voltage in the circuit will throw off a resistance reading. Try removing one lead of the resistor and checking again, and if it's OK, see if it is paralleled with another low resistance component.

I did lift a lead, and it's still reading zero, like a short.??? it doesn't look like it's paralleled with another low resistance component.

0.068 ohms is basically a short. It's unlikely a resistor will fail
shorted, so leave it alone, it's probably OK.