Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Wider tape label maker recommendations?

On 06/04/2021 16:45, Theo wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
On 06/04/2021 15:37, charles wrote:

I have a Brother pTouch 7600 label machine for which I can get tape in
various widths (6-24mm). Bettery operated so I take it to the job. I got
it years ago at a Tool Fair, but you can get them at CPC (which is where I
get my labelling tape.

Another vote for the Brother with 24mm capacity.

+1. My pTouch 1090 was about a tenner on ebay, and there are 'compatible'
tapes for about £3 each.

One thing to be aware of is that the used tape cartridges contain the used
film which is a 'negative' of what you printed. So if you label anything
sensitive (like say passwords on equipment) you should be sure to destroy
the tape inside the cartridges.

It's also worth getting one with either a rechargeable battery or to take a
set of NiMH cells, as they do tend to eat them quite a bit.

Mine takes AA batteries, but I purchased an adapter for it, so I can use
it on mains power.